PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff on TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuff on TV
    Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:40pm
I've seen ads and excerpts of a series starting tomorrow night on Discovery.  Titled Life and starts at 8e/p.  Looks to have great possibilities.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 7:29pm
Looks interesting. I'll have to see if we get the Discovery channel or not.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:35pm
I watched that ridiculous and sad exhibiiton of "representation of the people in congress" last night but also watched something on the other end of the spectrum.  The program I mentioned earlier to be on Discovery "Life" was just great!  Outstanding and almost unbelievable photography and educational the adaptations critters learn to survive.  I recommend highly.  It was two hours last night and I think another episode next Sunday night.  Most likely reruns throughout the week.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 9:49pm
Shoot. Forgot to check...got busy watching that Harry Potter movie. (I like magic, wizards, mythical creatures and such.)  This was the one released in 2007. Phoenix something.  Maybe I was too distracted switching back and forth to the Congress stuff...but it wasn't the best Potter movie. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:24pm
Wizards and magic can be that way for sure.  BTW, not Life but  I watched Discovery again tonight and .... again it was really interesting.  About the Rift Valley in Africa and another about the Pacific islands. 
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 4:01am
I agree, it was outstanding. Amazing photography. Indeed it's on again next Sunday at 8 CT.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 10:07pm
An ongoing series started tonight titiled America, The Story of US on History Channel.  Two hours tonight and will air the next episode next Sunday evening at 8CDT.  I understand there're to be about 10 episodes.  It's repeating now and probably will again off and on so if you have a DVR or Tivo or .... you might catch it.  It's a really good depiction of the U.S. from it's inception at Jamestown onward.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 10:09pm
Shoot. It was on my to do list and then got busy catching up on some chores. Thanks. Will check the schedule.  Looked very good...the previews.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 10:25pm
It might be a little romanticized but it's a good depiction of the timeline of what happened and when.  And the highpoints.
Next episode is to be of expansion west.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 3:38am
I could use a little romanticized history...compared to the "feel guilty" history stuff I keep running into....
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 6:36am
Ahh, that's it!  That's why I enjoyed it so.  It'll be right down your alley.  I didn't see one apology in the whole two hours.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 8:05am
Outstanding!
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:21pm
That series that runs on - ABC Extreme Makeover Home Edition is a makeover for a challenged family kind of in my neighborhood, regionally speaking that is.  Mineola, TX which is probably 40-45 miles up the road from me.  The receiving family are pretty special with four adopted kids from Kazakhstan .
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:36pm
Good show. Haven't seen it in quite a while though. Nice...what they do.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 11:07pm

I have watched a few times and it's amazing what they do in a week.  I watched tonight out of local interest.  This family seemed especially deserving if that kind of thing is out there for the taking.  Kind of an upscale version of Habitat for Humanity.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:15pm
I'll probably regret it in the morning, but I stayed up and just finished watching Jesse Stone: No Regrets. Just plain good.  A good fit for Selleck IMHO. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:21pm
Another TV thing that's interesting I think.  Stoessel (the name of the show) on Fox Business Network.  An hour show and I got in late but it's consumer protection, big government, rip off stuff, waste and other related content.  Small studio audience and also visiting guest authorities in various fields.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:09am
I recorded Jesse Stone. Usually like those a lot.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 3:42pm
Well...I did forget about it and missed the first 10 or 15 minutes. And was wishing the whole movie I hadn't.
It's fun to watch "cop" action flicks like Die Hard and such...but you know...just impossible.  Stone though...low key but very easy to identify with the characters (even the dog).  I really enjoyed it.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:04pm
I'm really looking forward to watching it tonight and if I fall asleep....I'll just finish it in the am (I love that DVR!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>