PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vehicles...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 93>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vehicles...
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
They'd sure make the neighbors take notice!
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:06pm
Save at the pump: Top 10 fuel-sipping classics

Got to admit...I think the Midget and X1/9 are the only two I've heard of; maybe the Sprite.  And after looking at the pictures...I'd just as soon have a more gas-guzzling car than the others on the list.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:07pm
I had a Morris Woody station wagon for a 'going to work car' when I lived in England.  I don't think it was a Minor (who in their right mind would name a car "Minor"?) but it looked exactly like the Morris Minor in the photo except the station wagon body.  My brother in law had a Nash Metropolitan for a while.  A couple of those little sports were actually pretty neat IMO.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 4:08am
There's been a few little sports cars for sale around here that we've seen while on trips.  We wind up saying something like:
"Cool!!"

"it's too small."

"I could fit in it."

"Yeah...but could yo get out!"

Ah...age. LOL
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 8:32am
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 8:58am
No yankee go home signs there.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:22am
Yeah...I went back through the pics a second time to confirm a bikers jacket with U.S. flags on it. wow. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:17am
I don't know Harleys all that well but I'll bet there are some classics in that group.  Cubans are very good at keeping antiques running and looking spiffy ... out of necessity. (I shoulda read the article first as that last statement of mine is obvious.  I just looked at the photos)
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:05pm
I don't know that much either. I've just always had a "thing" that if I ever had a bike, it would be a hog. The image of bike and rider as tough and independent. They look "solid". And...the rumble and roar. Just love that sound.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:17pm
Harley Davidson evidently knows that the sound of a Harley is a big seller.  I know you've noticed a Honda bike on the highway and they are quiet as a mouse.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 5:58pm
Yeah...they're smart on the noise.

Seems like it was early seventies(?) maybe when..who..Kawasaki was starting to sell big around here. Maybe a different Japanese brand?  But it was like...what is that high-pitched whiny noise. Sounded like an electric shaver or something running down the road. Ugh!
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 6:03pm
That's probably either a dirt bike or something kin to a dirt bike.  Those things sound exactly as you described it. Very grating on the nerves ... and ears.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:04am
Ford to redesign the Mustang.  Sounds like a mistake to me.  The last time they did that was a disaster in design IMO.  http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/morning_call/2012/04/ford-shifting-gears-with-its-new-mustang.html?ana=yfcpc  But I'm an old line guy.  The targeted generation and me are two different animals.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:17am

Yep, I expect they'll goober it up although I must admit I like the sheet metal on the new Camero...

Having said that I find the current "retro" dash of the Mustang to be a real turn off for me, I like the new fangled dodads and gadgets and it's the only reason, well, other than money, that puts me off buying a Mustang.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:26am
Hmm, I was just speaking of the design of the exterior.  I have never sat in one of the new ones.  I've looked at Camaros and Mustangs but both just from the exterior perspective.  I wouldn't have touched one of the interim Mustangs, a real design error IMO.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:48am

Agreed, they have really goobered up the Mustang in the past. And don't get me started on the Mustang II.

Interior picture here (I hope). The 1964 design speedo and tach just don't do it for me.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:28am
Yep, that dash looks pretty much like the one on my '67 Mustang that I don't have anymore.  I had to leave it in England - sold it to a friend because the longshoremen were on strike and the docks were jammed and not moving.  He took it home when he rotated home to Vegas and that's the last I know of it.  Vegas was a fitting place for a Mustang of that vintage I'd say.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:32am

Have a great uncle that has (at least until recently) a 1964 that he bought back in '64. Not my cup of tea these days, I like power steering, cup holders and disc brakes!

I also like modern instrumentation and interiors. Far more info than what was available back in the day. I added on a MPG monitor to the truck, might be the best mod I've done to it.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:37am
I'm pretty much with you on improvements but I wouldn't mind having my '67 back.

Does the MPG monitor lighten your foot on the accelerator?  Personally I'd hate to have a reminder right in front of me all the time.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:40am

It does and it's a great training tool (for lack of a better word). I recall a while back you posted something about getting up to speed faster (in an automatic) saves gas. I didn't believe it but after watching the monitor you were absolutely right; the faster you can shift into a higher gear the better.

Well, not if you do a burn out to get there but you know what I mean.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 93>