PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Operating Systems -> Windows XP & MCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Registry problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registry problem
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:36pm
I made the trip down to daughter's place over Easter weekend (Had an Easter egg hunt and the whole bit) and I took all the info I had gathered to try to fix her missing network adapter.  Took fixes, memory sticks, CDs, even took my XP disk in case of a reinstall.  Nothing worked but I did take Registry Mechanic and it cleaned up many problems there and we backed up her important stuff and as a final try I plugged in the USB wireless adapter I had bought for my old desktop and I did get her back in contact with her broadband outlet to the internet.  A workaround you could call it.
As an aside my 8 year old grandaughter demo-ed a Power Point presentation she was working on about her Girl Scout activities she is to present sometime in the future.  Fade ins and fade outs, animated titles, inserted examples ........... my jaw dropped and I was amazed and impressed! 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:01pm
Too bad about the "fixes" not fixing...except for your work-around. Thumbs Up

Regarding your granddaughter....maybe for the right treat...she'll give grandpa some lessons. HeeHee 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:15pm
When daughter and I were seeing the demo my daughter, who is a teacher, said "You will have to teach me about PowerPoint".   It shakes an old fogey's confidence to see such talent in young people.  But it also makes one proud that there is hope for the world after all.  At least in spots.  Hmm, I wonder if I should challenge her to a game of marbles or washers?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:18pm
Washers?
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:33pm
Washers is a game like horseshoes but for po' folk that couldn't afford the shoes or the posts.  Two tin cans buried to the openings, four washers (big 'ole 2 inch or so flat washers and the rest is self explanatory).  Like horseshoes toss for the can and so on.  There were no "Leaners" in washers.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:53am
Ah...learn something new everyday. 
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:12am
Washers is still pretty popular around here.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:20am
Washers is new to me.  What has been surprising to me around here is how big cornhole has become.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
We probably didn't play washers when I was a kid since we couldn't afford washers or a hole in the ground. Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:30pm

When I was a kid it was either washers or lagging pennies....

I've heard a lot about cornhole but have never played it.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 5:52pm
  We just called it 'bean bag toss' when I was a kid. I've never understood the big attraction of it. (Of course, I imagine city folks may not understand the attractiveness of Cow Pie Bingo either. LOL)

And I was just kidding before about not being able to afford washers or a hole in the ground when I was a kid. We were poor...but we could afford dirt. Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm
Oh, is that what it is? I've heard the name mentioned numerous times but didn't know details. Sheesh.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:07pm
It's generally a fund raiser at perhaps county fairs, FFA, or other "country events".  
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 8:40am
They seem to have cornhole going at any local event around here.  Their are even official rules for it.

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 2:27pm
That just boggles my mind.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12