PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Tech Suff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless MP3 player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless MP3 player
    Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm
I've looked. So far no hits for a wireless mp3 (internet radio) player.

We're thinking our bosses at work are off their gourd.

A few months back at work...the bosses discovered that their wireless internet was bogged down because of so many employees listening to internet music over their cell phones. (Most of us didn't even know they had a wireless internet set up at work.)

Anyhow...the bosses either turned it off or restricted it through a password only network.

Now they've offered to let employees sign up for a $1 a week if they want to listen to music.

Except they banned all cell phone use during work. (Because of the number of employees they caught talking or usually texting instead of working.)

We asked our supervisor if that meant using cell phones or if they make MP3 players able to connect to a wireless broadcast.

He didn't know. He's very non-tech and "I'm just reading you what the contract from the office says."
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:13pm
I've seen desktop boxes but other than Bluetooth I've never seen a Wi-Fi portable other than a phone.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:24pm
We're thinking our bosses are having an Alzheimer attack....
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:27pm
Well, there is a model of the iPod that can do just that, the iPod Touch.  My youngest has one, but it doesn't make much sense to do that since you can put your own music on the iPod and leave the wireless off since it sucks more juice out of the battery.  Phones are what people generally stream music on since they tend to not have much storage.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:59pm
That's why we questioned the ban on cell phones. 
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 7:08am
I have to say, there were some at work that just could not stop texting or talking on their cell phones without being told to.  It was not obvious to them that you can't work if you are constantly distracted.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 8:56am
We have a new COO. Very smart. But lacking in actual manufacturing experience...except for using a hammer.  (It's easier to hammer every employee with broad based rules punishment rather than deal individually with one or two problem people.)
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 10:09am
Management by cowardice.  There is no way to prevent it from rearing it's ugly head over and over again.   Nature of the beast I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply