PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High School football

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High School football
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:06am
Speaking of political correctness and zero tolerance in another thread, here's an infuriating one about officials in high school games.  The game was in Florida, somewhere in the playoffs and a kid breaks free and is far ahead of pursuers.  He simply raised his free arm and kind of waved to the stands in the last 10 yds. before the goal line.  They called the TD back for excessive celebration!  The penalty was the deciding factor in his teams loss.  Officials have gotten out of hand, especially on that particular ruling.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:16am
Well...good morning. Or evening. Whichever it is for you.

Saw that about the football game. Sad. So were the excuses afterward. Just sounded so...bureaucratic. No appeal or review process. It probably would not have made a difference anyhow...since there was still 12(?) minutes left in the game.

I guess I'll never understand why "common sense" needs to be put into writing..and a rule book..before it can be used. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:28am
It's morning - and now I finally see what goes on when you go to bed with the chickens and get up at 3 in the morning.  I cratered last night with some kind of GI issue.  You know, the extreme version where you end up hugging 'ol John.  So it was just give up and go to bed about 8 or 8:30 and here I am.  I'd like to not make a habit of it though. 
Common sense ... rules are just guide lines and are meant to have some measure of common sense applied IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply