PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Tech Suff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kindle Touch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kindle Touch
    Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
They had a nice display with a salesman for the Nook at the local B&N.  There was never anyone talking to the guy when I was in the store.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:40am
Sounds like the poor guy at the mobile phone booth at Costco; don't think I've ever seen anyone there. The Maytag repairman should start a union.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 3:43pm
Oh....the last review I read was how great the Nook is (or was).
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 5:52pm
There is a free book for the Kindle or Kindle app available tonight for free that looked like it might be of interest here:

Line of Control- A Thriller on the Coming War in Asia
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P1J0Y2/?tag=afbm-20

It is 2012, and the world is a more dangerous place than ever before. Revolutions have swept aside one Middle Eastern regime after another. A regime allied to Al Qaeda has swept to power in Saudi Arabia, and uses its oil wealth and modern arsenal to further spread Jihad around the world. Yet another military coup brings a fundamentalist regime to power in Pakistan, which initiates an audacious plan to strike the first blow in this new global Jihad. As unprecedented terror attacks stun India, the stage is set for a conflict that brings the Indian subcontinent to the brink of a nuclear apocalypse.

With a broad cast of characters that puts the reader into the thick of the unfolding crisis, a fast-paced storyline ripped from today's headlines, and explosive action, Line of Control is a thriller uniquely suited to the times we live in.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 7:06pm
I'm in. Left Behind didn't do it for me. I did pick up a bunch of Dickens that I'm looking forward to.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 8:13pm
Thought there was a chance you would like it.  I grabbed it too.  I get the "Pixel of Ink" news letter.  It's mostly junk, but on rare occasion something worth checking into comes up.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 8:22pm
I've found a couple but nothing remarkable yet...but I keep looking.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 10:41pm
That sounds like a page turner (in book form) I'd like.  I love political intrigue plots and books.  I see it says authored by Tom Clancy ....  but not really.  And is part of an 8 book series actually written by Jeff Rovin.  No matter, it looks good to me.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 8:34pm
Found another Kindle book site that looked like it might be worth keeping an eye on:

http://www.ereaderiq.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12