PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Software -> Applications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firefox 3.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firefox 3.0
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 5:33pm
1.  I'm using 2.0.12. Just had a case of CPU bouncing around between 12-55%.  Went to youtube.com.  Tried it again...same thing...but it only did that on their home page. Once I searched for a video and clicked on a link...CPU returned to normal. Don't know what on their homepage is the problem.

2.  Ref FF and Yahoo. Bob's having the same trouble I did maybe a year or so ago; myyahoo.com comes up blank.  My fix doesn't seem to work for him. (I edited my bookmark for My Yahoo from normal and changed it to http://my.yahoo.com/p/1.html. Found it during a group search. Don't know why it works...but it does. For lots of folks. But not Bob.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 7:11am
Well pooh. Had another instance just now of CPU staying at 60%, give or take.  Played around with it (turning off java script and java which helped).

It's not all the time. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. Depends, it seems on if other tabs are open or not.  And other factors. Also what ads are displayed and usually once I start clicking to view other comics.  (Forgot...I'd also used "Reopen closed tab" button.)

Nuts.  Wish when something breaks....it would stay broken long enough to fix it. LOL

It's this site here:
http://www.comicstripnation.com/pluggers/index.html

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 7:18am
FaviconizeTab - A nice add on for Firefox allows you to right click on a tab and reduce it to the favicon.  Works nicely in reducing the space that tabs take up that you routinely keep open.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 8:30am

That might be cool. Well, is cool actually. Not sure how it would work for someone (not naming names) with a poor memory and multiple reduced tabs. LOL

There is a  config hack (or add-on) that lets you adjust the width of the tabs in FF.  That made it nicer also.

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:01am
Not having a great memory from the time I became a teenager, the only ones reduced are the recognizable ones.  It leaves more space for the other tabs to expand into.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 5:06pm
Might give it a whirl...if I reinstall FF.  Since Win7 is good for a while yet (and the new Toshiba laptop was trashed anyway)...I reinstalled Win7 test.  Along with MS securities essentials thingie. I installed FF and imported my old bookmarks. About the first time I opened a folder with a half-dozen links (comic sites)...up popped MS security warning.  One of those sneaky imbedded in a web page trojan things.  Sigh.  (So for now, I'm using Opera for comics to see if it happens with that browser.)
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 5:06am
Any idea which comic site?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 5:19am
Nope.  Just usually (95% sure)...in the first or second folder.

I happened to have a thought last night...trying to remember if it has always been with the same laptop.  It doesn't happen often enough to test it at will and I do use the new laptop the most, naturally.  But while I'm playing with Win7 on the new laptop...I do use the old one with XP quite a bit.  It seems odd that I can't remember having that happen with the older laptop considering the number of years I've used it. 

Which makes no sense since it's an entirely different OS that it's happened with. (XP and Win7) Same imported book marks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12