PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Whether the Weather
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whether the Weather 06

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 299>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whether the Weather 06
    Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:17pm
Light rain here today. Needed. Very nice actually.

Yeah...our puppy got over eating the flowers by his second summer. No idea why...but his first summer he had a tremendous appetite for Tulip petals.  Tulips just don't look the same without their petals. LOL
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 9:36pm
I first had the thought that your pup was eating the tulip foliage but reread and realized you said petals of the flowers.  I posted but then deleted a ref. to a flower called Naked Ladies.  They are fairly abundant here in town at certain times of the year.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 5:13am
Oh...super cool. Thanks for posting that.  I always wondered what they were called but never remembered to look them up.  Yes...don't tell my sweetie...but our Naked Ladies are in full  foliage right now.

That pic are your link has given me an idea. Our Naked Ladies are at the base of the telephone pole in the edge of our yard.  I've worked liked crazy over the years to keep the area clear of weeds and grass. Maybe a 16" diameter circle.  But after seeing how they pop through the grass, they look like they'd be fun to plant elsewhere and I wouldn't have to be so careful (except while mowing of course).
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:12pm
I suppose it might develop later but the local forecaster sure blew his forecast for today.  The precip associated with the front has fallen apart and dissipated.  There is some northeast but hardly anything locally.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:57pm
Nada, zip and zero here. It did cool off for a couple of minutes.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
Finally got a sprinkle, just enough to wet the top and no soak in.  It dropped into the lower to mid 60s here.  Still a nice upper 60s.  I won't complain tho ... I don't want anything like those Okie twisters.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:16pm
Talk about a switch. It's 80 here.  Whew. Both me and the puppy are panting. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 11:36pm
Naked ladies have always fascinated me - take that any way you wish but the flower version seem to be pretty hardy.  Always come up year after year and in the oddest places.  A pleasant mid to lower 60s here still.  That's welcome.
Ah, and I see that Karl might get rained on later tonight and be cooler tomorrow.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 9:17am
We've had a couple of weeks of 40s in the morning and 80s in the evening.  It's been nice since we've been going back and forth to Birmingham, but it would be good to have some moisture.  The lake is about 5 feet below what it needs to be this time of year.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:51pm
Cooler for sure...68 today and 63 tomorrow.  Light rain this morning....but windy all day. A wind advisory this afternoon and evening. No kidding. I took the cap off the truck a week or so ago...and it still blew me around on the road after work. Depending on who is predicting...50-60 mph winds (gusts). 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:41pm
Although I didn't get much rain from the front it has dropped the temps nicely and only got into the mid to upper 70s today and kind of like an April day should be.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:30am
A splendid 58 right now on the way to 77. A perfect day in store to be sure.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:55pm
Wow, don't know how a high of 77 turns into 90 but it sure did. Warm but still nice. Now can I trust the 82 forecast for tomorrow?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
Sure you can. If 90 is the new 77 than 104 should be the new 82. 

We're bouncing around this week between fifties and low seventies. But they are calling for Fri and Sat nights to be around 32. (Which is why I haven't planted anything yet. Almost, but not quite.)

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:32pm
Super Spring day here and about like your's was forecast to be.  Mid to upper 70s, no wind, sun shining.  Perfect.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:07am
It looks like another pretty perfect day here.  Temps bottomed out at a nippy 51 this morning.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:32am
Good news here.  Rain hit us late yesterday, guessing maybe a couple of inches.  Woke up to it this morning.  Looks like we'll be seeing some more this week.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 3:00pm
Wow, a whole .04, hope the fish don't drown.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 5:22pm
They are still calling for mid-fifties for the next four or five days. That's the highs. Nights mid-thirties or so.  Rats. T-Storms on Wed. Hope not. I took the cap off the truck to haul compost...and Wed night is our move the kid back home from college. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 7:22pm
I imagine I got about the same abount.  Just enough to wet the surface of the sand.  Walk on loose sand and the footprint of damp sand sticks to your shoe revealing dry sand beneath.  Daughter says she got a gully washer down south in her area.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 299>