PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Hardware -> Portables
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More tablets than you can shake a stick at...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More tablets than you can shake a stick at...
    Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 5:25pm
One of these days I really need to make another trip to Fry's near Indy. Sigh.  It's been soooo long.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 8:08pm
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 8:31pm
I'm betting real soon for the next version, think this was a rush job. I'm thinking 1st quarter next year. Still with free wireless...
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:45pm
Dunno, it just seems that tablets and smart phones and iPads are for those that like to do everything in miniature, on a 7" or 10" screen or smaller.  And on the go.  I guess I'm behind the times.  I love new toys but ...........
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:25am
I was about to post a link to the Kindle Fire.  It's a nice little conduit for media.  I'm really thinking about it.  The Kindle Touch 3G looks nice to me too, $150.

The Amazon Prime streaming subscription looks a bit pale compared to Netflix:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/220399/amazon_prime_vs_netflix_video_streaming_feature_showdown.html
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 11:47am
Broke down and got the Kindle Touch 3G.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:01pm
  Sweet! BTW, if anybody is going to buy anything from Amazon let me know and I'll give you a link that gives me a rake.  
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:36pm
Don - Go ahead and post the link and I'll save it over to my favorites as my Amazon link.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:42pm

You bet.

Amazon

I don't get much out of it, they won't give me anything for the stuff I buy (grin) but every bit helps...

Thanks, appreciate it.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:53pm
Cool indeed!
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 8:36pm
The nice thing is you get a bit off the top but the price stays the same.  It's a chance to give some of Amazon's money away.  :)
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 8:52pm
And my Amazon and site revenue in general has been thin lately. Nothing I depend on but it has always reflected the economy in general. Ditto pay per click advertising.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 12:25pm
Randy - Ah, I should mention that Mobi Creator is a great tool for converting whatever into Kindle content.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 7:47am
Don - Thanks!  That adds more options than I thought I'd have.

I also noticed that the book Karl posted the link to was in openlibrary.org, and they have a link on the page for you to send it to your Kindle.  Going to have to do some looking about on that site.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 8:29am
Openlibrary and Guttenberg are both good sources for out of copyright stuff. I've picked up a lot of Twain, Stevenson, Wells, etc. classics from both.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 8:00am
I somehow missed this thread when it was posted.  I'll save the Amazon link in my shopping folder.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 8:52am

Thanks, I love my free Amazon bucks! It's surprising the amount of traffic I get from just a couple of Amazon ads. No big scores but usually a solid $10 a month.

Funny how sometimes the small things in life are so much fun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12