PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Tech Suff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player
    Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:20am
Just bought a new toy last night, and it was my sweetie's idea!  Our DVD player died so we had to get a replacement.  She found a Blu-ray player that ran about $100.  Besides playing Blu-ray discs, it does a decent DVD up-conversion, it plays local media files off of a USB port, Netflix streaming and some other odds and ends I have yet to investigate.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:41am
Cool! What brand?
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:34am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:14am
Sweet!
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:29am
It beat out my Roku box big time.  Much easier to work with and it eliminates a remote.  Darn remotes can be hard to find as it is.  Just got back from the NetFlix site where I changed the disks in my queue to Blu-ray.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:16pm
Cool. Tempting. (But then I'd have to upgrade our TV and internet...probably would cost us a bundle. LOL)

(Tempting because we seem to have a number of DVD disks that won't play in our DVD/VCR player...but will play fine on a computer. Go figure.)
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:42pm
In my experience CD/DVD discs are like floppy discs were, a lot of it depends on the drive calibration, some will play fine in one drive and not in another.
 Post Reply Post Reply