PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-election 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 172>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-election 2012
    Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 3:27pm
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
What a web.

Ref the link you posted on Mrs. Romney. Sounds like yes, they did have a financial cushion that most folks don't have. (But most wish they did but seem to begrudge somebody who gets it.)

While they had financial support most ordinary don't folks have...it certainly sounds like they lived pretty frugal.  Actually...more than frugal.  They certainly didn't seem the type to improve their material lives in college by visiting Renta-A-Center, or buying non-essential items.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:42pm
I'm with you Karl.  They may have had a cushion but they didn't have a really huge cushion.  But the libs seem to think that story says they are disconnected.  Maybe somewhat now but I don't think so back then.  It seems they lived a rather frugal college life.  I think Obummer and his other half probably lived far above that level while in their fancy schools.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:50am
I have some mixed feelings about it.  Based on personal experiences but too long and boring for an online post.

Mostly anymore I view it as more class warfare by the regressives based on greed and envy.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Surely this is probably a mistake or oversight on the part of our "fair share prez":
Obama Family Tax Shelter | Washington Free Beacon
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:00pm
Just another tax dodge by members of the 1%.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:23pm
But, but....but that would be hypocritical of him and so...so...un-brother's keeper.  Shocked
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:28pm
Hehe, his whole dialog is so weak. Those that believe him have a struggle in life.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:36pm
Another "oh no, say it ain't so":
Obama paid lower tax rate than secretary   Although it seems like if the Obama's claimed less deductions and loopholes...he'd pay his fair share.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:39pm
Or he could have just cut a check or even refused his salary and paid for his lodging, protection and vacations.

Nah....
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
Someone explain to me something I have never understood - Capital gains are earned by risking capital that has already been taxed.  A 15% Cap. gains tax is not right in my book but the current Admin. wants to increase it.  Of course sales tax is also a double tax on already taxed income.  Diabolical I calls it.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:48am
This was pretty simple written for my simple (non-financial) mind:
HowStuffWorks "Calculating Capital Gains"

Didn't know this:
But the most important factor that determines your capital gains tax rate is your income tax bracket. The higher your income tax bracket, the more you're going to pay in capital gains tax. As a general rule, you pay capital gains tax at the same rate as income tax for all short-term investments. So if you're in the 10 percent income tax bracket, you'll pay 10 percent for all short-term capital gains. And if you're in the 35 percent income tax bracket, you'll pay 35 percent for all short-term capital gains.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 4:24am

They'll tax it as many times as they can and in as many ways as they can but yes, it's all taxed twice. The galling thing about it is it's taxed by the same taxman (Federal mostly) twice and he very well knows it.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 4:26am
I might add that the company also paid a tax on the profit they made that made the gain possible or if that's too much of a stretch they certainly paid tax on the profit that they turned around and paid out as a div.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:14am
Speaking of taxes: Cartoon
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:55pm
This is pretty long video: 3:08

Test of Fire

No idea if this is the opening salvo from the Catholic Church vs Obama or not.  But apparently the Church isn't in much of a forgive and forget mood at present. Good!

Will you vote the values that will stand the test of fire? Some things are more important than high gas prices or a faltering economy. They are life, marriage and freedom. This November, Catholics must stand up and protect their sacred rights and duties.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:02pm
If they are it's about time.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:43pm
Time will tell.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:52pm
This is scary...regardless of the specific cause...
Could Hilary Rosen's slip put Hillary Clinton on Obama's ticket?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:19pm
I'm guessing not but if so the republicans could just rerun her old primaty commercials ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 172>