PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Software -> Applications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AdAware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AdAware
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 7:29pm
I just downloaded the new version of AdAware (free) and man am I'm glad I was operating at the lib. hotspot.  The download was on the high side of 120MB.  Everything, I mean everything is designed around broadband and huge drives these days.  How did we all get by when drives were relatively tiny and the connection was dialup?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 5:08am
Whew. Huge. No idea...how we all got by.  And sadly...apps that used to be small, IMHO, also used to be fast and efficient. Now it seems they are bloated and slow.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 8:04pm
You think the broadband speed and size of the drives allows designers to be lazy and sloppy where they used to be forced to be efficient and neat?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 5:05am
Probably, though I'd hate to guess how much is that and how much seems to be the natural evolution of products.  Not just software...but hardware also.  Even with stuff like cell phones, cars, coffee makers...you name it.  So many just keep packing more and more stuff into them. Partly I think to make them more appealing...and partly (with some items) to make them more comprehensive (safety wise) and keep folks from suing in case something goes wrong. 
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
 Post Reply Post Reply