PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Software -> Applications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Live Mail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Live Mail
    Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 10:01am
I've been using Windows Live Mail on Win7 for a few days with a Live Mail account along with a Gmail account.  I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I have.  The emails I receive are sorted by "conversation", which is based on the subject line of the email, which is handy for sorting and reading the PCNet-online forum emails.  The Live Mail account I am using has calendar entries that show up in a window pain on the right hand side.  (I believe Microsoft actually refers to a Live Mail account a "Hot Mail" account in the setup.)  It seems to be lighter on resources than Outlook or Thunderbird was in WinXP.  And, of course I like having a new toy.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 3:07pm
Actually...I like it. I was using it on my Win7 laptop. Worked very nice...especially for sending emails with photos/cartoons in them.

I've also installed it on the laptop I'm using now with XP. Works..but not nearly as well as with Win7. (Not sure how much is the OS...and how much because XP is on an old single core laptop.)  I had to laugh after I got it setup. After getting Live Mail installed....next thing I knew it was auto-magically importing my emails from Yahoo.  I don't ever remember doing that, but I must have  several years ago when I was playing around with Outlook Express and Eudora.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 4:05pm
Being one that doesn't like change it took me awhile to come to terms with it but It's slowly growing on me.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 9:30am
Karl - Know what you mean.  I added a gmail account to it and it proceeded to suck down all my email.  It was several thousand.  I stopped it when it got to about 4 thousand, deleted all the old stuff through a web access, then opened it back up.  It automagically deleted all my old emails and adjusted up to the way I had left things on the gmail website.

Bob - I used to want to try every new cool toy out there, especially if it was free.  Now that I have the luxury, I mostly leave my main system alone and play with others that I won't mind breaking.
 Post Reply Post Reply