PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

USA violence (unions gone wild)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA violence (unions gone wild)
    Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:35pm
I really pray so. A bad thing for the country as a whole IMHO. Oh...I forgot...unions are people too.

There's been a few blurbs in the news the last few days or so of Indiana lawmakers putting the Right to Work law back on the tracks again.  Which sparked that last five week walkout.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 3:27am
The Wisconsin governor (and other GOP) recall begun yesterday. Complete with demonstrators marching in his neighborhood in front of his private residence.

Can't say I'm a big fan of these "recall" laws. (And some other "public" voting laws like the one in Ohio over collective barging law.)

One thing I've always appreciated for our form of government versus say England (maybe all of Europe) has been stability for a set period versus popular emotional highs and lows.  I can see it in cases of gross criminal or moral activities.  Why would an elected official even try to do what they think is the right thing because it will anger those dipping into the public treasury. 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 3:13pm
School Contractor Fired for Pro-Walker Bumper Sticker

Isn't Feedom of Speech just great. 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 3:35pm
Walker might be just another politician, but he seems to be trying to do the best things for the right reasons. This kind of stuff, when folks target people's families and especially kids....just ain't right. 

He is right IMHO about who folks want to run government...duly elected folks...or union thugs in cohort with pandering or crooked polyticks (my words..not his exact).

Scott Walker: My family’s been targeted - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 6:14pm
It will not be good if any of those Wisconsin officials are successfully recalled.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:02pm
Kinda sounds like they may be starting to eat their own:
Taking A Shot At Their Own? Wisconsin Union Portrays Democratic Mayor As Walker Ally
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:14pm
That's good news.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:17pm
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:21pm
Wow.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 5:23pm
What really surprised me was the statement that a recall should only be used for "criminal" conduct. Wow. Maybe they had a conservative temp writing the op-ed.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 5:29pm
Maybe it's that broken clock is right twice a day thing?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Don Watkins

Maybe it's that broken clock is right twice a day thing?

Now these are ultra-far left liberal progressives we're talking about here.....Wink
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:20am
I'd have to guess that Tom Barrett hacked off somebody at the paper.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:02pm
Wisconsin unions see ranks drop ahead of recall vote | Fox News

Public-employee unions in Wisconsin have experienced a dramatic drop in membership -- by more than half for the second-biggest union -- since a law championed by Republican Gov. Scott Walker sharply curtailed their ability to bargain over wages and working conditions.

I see Clinton is going to campaign for the Democrat in Wisconsin. And here I thought Wisconsin had enough cheese.

I just listened to a Wall Street Journal "video editorial" about the race. Interesting. I think the gal was from Wisconsin.  According to her...you wouldn't know the recall is about "collective bargaining and union rights".  Says this gal, the ads are all about the Republican's (Walkers)  "war on women" and the economy in general. More like a regular run-of-the-mill election.

Why?  Because she says, polls say only 12% of Wisconsin voters say collective bargaining is an important issue.  It's the economy they're worried about.  
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:08pm
The dims are putting on a full court press with this war on women thing but I don't think it's gaining any traction beyond the usual suspects.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:19pm
  Tonight was the first I'd heard they were using that against Walker in the recall.  
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:07pm
I hope Walker comes through this ok.  The tactics and imported money and union actions against him have really ticked me off and  built my interest in his keeping his job.  From what I hear he currently looks pretty good for fending off the recall.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 10:54am
I hope he wins big but also that the effort soaks up a huge amount of the libs funds in the mean time.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 4:44pm
Yes...they are predicting a close victory, but I'd sure like to see a really wide margin. The bigger the margin, the more the National Dims will sweat!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:57pm
I predict a margin of 7% unless the dims get out the dead vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>