PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos found online...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos found online...
    Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 11:24pm
I'm truly amazed at what dirt moveing machines can do.  I mentioned it in my culvert thread.  With a back hoe or a steam shovel or a drag line you can do wonders. I hired a guy with an old tracked dragline to make my pond.  He didn't like to drive it over distances but once there produced great results.  The Panama Canal is a great example.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:55am
One thing I thought about while watching the Panama Canal show was how much like "then" is to "now".  Today we talk about how some countries (like China) don't pay much attention to safety, pollution and such.  And have an economic advantage over us civilized nations since they are only concerned with results.  But the Canal was hailed, in the doc, as a demonstration of U.S. emerging world power and determination.  And we were concerned with results...not necessarily safety and such. Of course we did help wipe out Yellow Fever at the same time, but from what I gathered...it wasn't very healthy to be a laborer on the canal.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 6:40pm

Andrew Klavan? Barack the Magic Suit
3:28 I liked it...except for the ending.

I accidently clicked on another link while playing around with Pinguy at youtube and watched this Andrew Klavan video. What a hoot. A little over 4 minutes...but well worth it IMHO.
Celebs. I was rocking and rolling laughing so hard.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:19am
Liked the Magic suit a lot. The Celebs link goes to the fuel efficiency article.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 4:30pm
This isn't a video...but a whole lot of pictures of a celebration in India. They are very colorful and up close I thought and found them fascinating:

The Colors of Holi 2012 - In Focus - The Atlantic

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 6:29pm
Whew.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

This is actually an ad for Alberta, Canada.  But, wow, just beautiful country. And I don't know how they shot it, but parts of it look like you could reach right out and touch it; rather 3-D'ish".
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:52am
Beautiful!
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:38pm
49 seconds. ROFL  Sounds like a joke...but it's not:
An eagle, a fox and my cat all getting along fine on my porch - YouTube
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 5:06pm
Cool!
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 6:04pm
Amazing how critters can get along when they are not affiliated with any political party. Wink
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:20am
LOL
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 10:10pm
Actually a subject unto itself but here's a short promo for John Stoessel's new book "No They Can't!".  I really like ole Stoessel.  He's a great exposer of government ineptitude and backer of private enterprise vs. govt. intervention.  He's written a book called No They Can't, of course a rebuttal to Yes We Can!  Fox News had a really entertaining and revealing hour tonight by Stoessel with stuff from the book.  Here's a 2+ minute video preview:  http://video.foxnews.com/v/1550527146001/fox-news-special-no-they-cant/
TSA, Headstart, college tuition, CAFE standards, just all kinds of examples where private enterprise is just hands down the best course to go.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 5:10am
Good clip. Might have to find the book.  I haven't caught much of Stoessel since we don't have cable anymore.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 5:11am
That made me think of another book that's been on my list:

This isn't a clip, but a book by another Foxy fellow, which is on my list:
Read An Excerpt From Todd Starnes' New Book -- 'Dispatches From Bitter America' (A Gun Toting, Chicken Eating Son of a Baptist's Culture War Stories)

And this is more of a reminder to myself. While looking for a link to the "Bitter America" book, I ran across another that I'd never heard of:
Amazon.com: They Popped My Hood And Found Gravy on the Dipstick (9781596844360): Todd Starnes: Books
News anchor and reporter for Fox News Radio, Todd Starnes takes a humorous but serious look at life and faith. He shares stories from his journey to better health, and along the way loses over 100 pounds, runs the New York City marathon and survives open-heart surgery. Filled with humor and honesty They Popped my Hood and Found Gravy will entertain and challenge you too.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:29pm
Basically six minutes of things exploding in slow motion, originally shot at 2500 fps.  Some Dutch show.  I thought the indoor fireworks were my favorite...but the flour and candle was pretty durn nifty also. 
Dumt & Farligt - Phantom Flex Highlights - 1080p - YouTube
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:15am
Cool!
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 3:24pm
The waterbed was really interesting.  Though I must admit with that (and other indoor shots)...who in the heck does that stuff indoors?  Must have been some single males, that's for sure.  
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
I'd sure hate to be on their cleaning crew.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 3:59am
True. But if I was a home repair crew....I'd be overjoyed! LOL
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 3:46pm
Not a video...a slideshow of about a dozen pics.  What happens when high wind hits peoples faces.  Fascinating....and proves that some people are not just another pretty face.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/artist-blows-away-photo-subjects-slideshow/tadao-cern-photo-1337366757.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>