PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Whether the Weather
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whether the Weather 005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 919293
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whether the Weather 005
    Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 10:58am
Yep, pine and mixed hardwood forest and I've read it's charred something over 20,000 acres.  http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_8d878efa-9c79-11e0-94a8-001cc4c03286.html
Not heavily populated though and that's good.  It has taken out a number of hunting camps but just a couple of residences.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 3:33pm
Oops...time to go check outside. Super windy today...just about had the truck door slam shut on my arm leaving work. The dog didn't like it out doors, that's for sure. And now I hear...super winds and rain.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 3:36pm
They say we still have a chance tomorrow but I'm skeptical. Otherwise by Friday we're pretty much back to triple digits.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 3:45pm
Oops. Well...that was one way to wash the truck...inside. LOL  Have to laugh. I left the windows down because I have an errand to run and didn't want it to get too hot inside. No idea we'd have a gully washer. On the plus side, the coffee cup holder makes a nifty rain gauge. 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:55am
Wow...now they say a high of 65 tomorrow. Brrr.  But on the other hand.....Saturday they say will be "more sun than clouds", otherwise the rest of June calls for...yep...rainy days.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:51am
We're looking at a 3 day high of 91.  Very nice.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:04pm
Their forecast changed for today. LOL  First 70...then lowered to 65, but this morning they decided that 70 was right after all.  And it's 69 right now.

Back up to the low 80's starting tomorrow.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:22am
Rather cloudy, somewhat drizzle today. Yesterday. WOW  Around 80, breezy, sunny...just perfect. Too perfect.  I went out to use the string trimmer for the first time this year around 8 a.m.  Then mowed. Tidied stuff up.  Next thing I knew it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I was pooped.  Or maybe I should say I looked somewhat like the unjolly green giant. LOL  (Amazing how hard that stuff (whacked vegetation) is to get even out of short hair.)
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:57am

We're just hot and since the rain, more humid. I have to get all my yard work done by 10 or it ain't happening.

We do have this as a possibility:

Extended forecast...model guidance is suggesting tropical cyclone development across the southern Gulf of Mexico/Yucatan Peninsula by late this week. This far out...confidence is low as to how much impact this will have across south central Texas if any.

Slight, but still there's always hope.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 10:14am
Hope it changes....
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 8:35pm
My oldest in Houston was quite surprised that she could feel the heat from the asphalt parking lot through her sandals.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 8:40pm
Heehee - Just don't take 'em off!
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 8:47pm
ROFL  Bob beat me to that tip!!  Tell her she hasn't nothing to worry about..till they start melting. LOL
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:34pm
LOL!  A second laugh for the evening!  She's not complaining, mind you.  She was just surprised.  She's fallen in love with Texas.  I don't see her moving back here.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:38pm
Texas has it's warts ... just a few but the three or four months of excessive heat is one of them  But the fall, winter, and spring are just outstanding IMO.  I'm a southeastearner that is glad he came to Texas a long time ago.  We welcome your daughter if she decides to stay.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 4:41pm
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 6:30pm
Ditto your Puh-leeze!  But unfortunately this forecast http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWOAT+shtml/281957.shtml  has it moving WNW onshore down in northern Mexico.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:43pm
My area had a rogue cell sink down out of Oklahoma and it looked promising for a while.  I even saw lightning to the north but I think it's gonna dissipate. I still have a little hope.  I went out to put some stuff up and felt the cooling downdrafts at least.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:39am

They've put a 20% chance in the forecast for the weekend and Monday. While the depression is trending west it looks like it _may_ thrown something up down here. I hope so.

Humidity returned with our last rain and that's helped some. Dew almost every morning and it actually helps keeps things green as opposed to the hot and dry weather we had all spring.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 919293