PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Idle musings about our economy...(2)...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 78>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idle musings about our economy...(2)...
    Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 4:57pm
They better give us folks a huge pay raise so it helps when they raise our taxes. LOL
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:00am

Didn't see this on the front page anywhere.

Washington Distracts Us As Fiscal Disaster Looms

I agree, I've crunched the numbers. The government could take every private penny and it's still not possible to dig out of this hole. You just can't make the math work.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 8:12am
That's discouraging reading .... but not shocking.  Dependency based nation - that's the key phrase in the article.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 8:22am
"...compulsory charity..". That's a new one to describe taxes.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 5:54pm

Corzine should have taken the 5th, now it's perjury as well as theft.

Corzine Corzined - Congressional Panel Finds Former MF Global CEO Ordered JPM Fund Transfer

Oh, wait, he's a rat, nevermind.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 7:58pm
Yep yep...that's what happens when his lips move...
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 8:01pm
I couldn't believe he didn't take the 5th, now it looks like he should have but then he might have bigger problems.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:10am

Excellent screed on the current state of affairs as well as economics in general, especially good comments about the Fed.

Some where In Between.

No idea if this is the next bubble:

The First Crack: $270 Billion In Student Loans Are At Least 30 Days Delinquent

But I was stuck by this:

(Student loans) just surpassed $1 trillion, and is growing at $40-50 billion each month

Yeow! $40B per MONTH?

Something else we're on the hook for since all student loans are from "us" these days.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:23pm
It amazes me how much is owed by those 30 and older. Ouch. That's the age that I'd think folks would be looking ahead (like home, family, vehicle, medical, retirement funds) rather than still worrying about an education expense. (Maybe they started college late...)
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:22pm
Whew, that is a heavy load and like the IRS they ain't going away unless the occupy folks get their way.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:52pm
Talking about another "bubble" and the economy made me think of this:
Mark Steyn: Gradual insolvency about to speed up
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:43pm
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:58pm
And the general public will not be told if they don't read financial news, nor will any indexed programs use anything other than the BLS figures.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
I'm guessing the general public will go with their gut feeling...experience....not what anybody puts out as the inflation rate.  General Mills is a lot closer...but I'd still estimate them being on the low side.  Just my "gut" feeling.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 7:55pm
Jobs Report: The Beginning of a Disappointing Trend? | Daniel Gross - Yahoo! Finance

Someplace the last day or so I read another story related to job reports. Detailing how the official government job reports have been pure bunk.  Lots of smoke and mirrors...lots of changes in how jobs (and even non-jobs) are counted or not counted.  Amazing. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 8:02pm
It should be on the fiction list. Saw some of the details when it came out this morning and even cooked the numbers are dismal.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 5:19am
While watching a video clip from Bob (Stossel) there was another clip on the page that caught my eye:

How the president's energy agenda shaped today's economy | Video | Fox News

About 8 minutes. Hannity with a large group of the 1%-ers as participating audience members. 

I'm not sure how to take a lot of their comments about the economic recovery. Our factory is up, way up, on business.  But perhaps that's an anomaly (since their product targets higher income folks).
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 6:09am
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:27am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:32am
The world has gone certifiable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 78>