PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Hardware -> Video
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

video card updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: video card updates
    Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:29pm
I have a pretty cheap and old Nvidia card.  I went to PCpitstop to run a test just for kicks (it would not complete but gave me a black screen).  Consequently, when I got out of the black screen situation I saw some most unusual displays I have never seen before on my monitor.  Suggestions were to update video card drivers.  I am gonna try this tonight since it's a multi megabyte download.  We'll see.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 5:55am
Good luck.  Do you have to do it manually....or do you have a download manager that you can schedule and forget it?
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 8:12am
I have a mgr.  .  But a glitch happened and I quit.  No big deal as the only clue the card is outdated comes from PCpitstop and I can live with that.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 8:20am
Ah. Sometimes they seem to overdue their "update" stuff.  You might just re-install your old driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply