PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am often my own worst enemy...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am often my own worst enemy...
    Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 2:29pm
Maybe I'll just do like an old Army sergeant...and call everybody "buddy". LOL
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 6:31pm
heh, heh...  grunting is safer.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:15pm
When marinating meat and use a fork to tenderize a Porterhouse steak...when using forks to tenderize, do like I always (almost) do: use two forks....one to hold the steak down....and the other to "stab".

If your hand gets slick with marinade, wash it clean. Don't just quit using the fork and hold the steak down with your fingers. Especially if you're talking at the same time. It's a grand way to stab a finger. (And boy...it sure is tender!!)
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:26am
What I wanna know is...what does marinated hand taste like?
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 2:59pm
Pretty much like un-marinated hand, only marinated. 
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:30pm
ROFLOL!  I feel your pain!  We have a knife my wife refers to as the finger knife.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:14am
Now that sounds interesting. 
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 9:35pm
Yeah, never stand frozen cooked hamburgers on their edge and try to cut them into two thin hamburgers.  (It worked very well the first 3 or 4 times I tried it.)
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 9:23pm
Tonight I was trying to print something. And kept getting an "out of paper" message. I look...plenty of paper standing upright in the paper holder. I finally remove the paper to re-seat it and it's kinda stuck. Huh? I look...something else besides paper is in there. Not much room...but I fish around with my fingers and finally remove problem. Ah ha...so that's what happened to the half-eaten piece of pizza when my plate spilled this evening. ROFL  Gee...but it makes me wonder what it might have looked like if it had fed on through and printed...
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 5:44pm
Sometimes...miracles do happen...or so my honey told me this morning.  About 5:30 this morning I sat the trash out to the curb...and went to unlock my pickup. Imagine my surprise when I noticed the dome light was on. Shocked  The last time I drove it was about 7 p.m. Sunday. 

Couldn't believe it....started right up...no hesitation at all.

(This old '92 Dakota is pretty simple. The dome light does 'not' come on when you open the door. I turned it on so the puppy could get see to get out without tumbling.  And it also does not have any warning buzzer if you leave lights on, etc.)

I'm still amazed. I've ran batteries down a lot faster than that many times.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 8:57pm
A blessing indeed!
andreP View Drop Down

Quote andreP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 3:35am
That's my problem too.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 5:43am
The truck is getting hard to start if I haven't started it for a couple of days, a sure sign that the battery is headed down hill. Kinda surprised, it's only 2 years old but then last summer was very hot and that's hard on a battery.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:06am
Sometimes I learn something new everyday...especially in the "being my own worst enemy" category:  A tiller that holds 22oz of oil.....will take a full quart...if one forgets to put the drain plug back in before filling. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:14am
Look on the bright side.  A oversight like that can be far more messy if committing the same error when changing oil in your car/truck.  You'd have to call out HAZMAT to clean up.  (Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 22 oz. a qt. + 6 ozs?)
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:45am
Hmmm. I'd have to think on that as I was thinking a quart was 32. 8oz in a cup, 2 cups in a pint (16oz)..2 pints in a quart...32oz. (Sigh. I can never remember and always have to start from scratch (a cup).

It wasn't too bad.  It was outside in the gravel drive...and I still had the oil drain pan (and old cookie sheet) below the engine.  Just mostly feel stupid.  At least I noticed and didn't just measure 22oz in and start running it. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:57am
The tragedy is the cost....
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:17am
That's the truth. I got some good stuff..."removes sludge" to run it and change it again. It's like $4.50 a qt.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:27pm
Hmm, I reckon I better go back thru second grade for a refresher.  Cup, pint, guart, gallon ... and a bushel and a peck.  Engage brain before pressing key.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:41pm
Oh no....a bushel and a peck! Sigh.  Sorry....anything more than ounces just burns out too many of my remaining brain cells trying to figure it out.  LOL

And engage brain before changing oil too!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>