PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Hardware -> Video
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Video software...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video software...
    Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:10am
I reread a couple of your articles last night on saving and burning video.  But I think you've mentioned doing a bit of that since those were written.  Still using Appian?

I don't do much of it. But wanted to send a youtube video to our youngun in college.  To play on her laptop. But would like to keep the size down smaller than the 8 MB or more that most seem to be...but keep a decent quality. Possible?? 

There was a popular thing at download dot com that I tried out. Worked...but then froze up the desktop big time afterwards. So I downloaded an Appian trial.

Thoughts?

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:15am

Indeed. Since I've tried a half dozen more and the url=http://pcnet-online.com/content/general/burn-internet-video-to-dvd.htm]Replay Converter[/url] is still the best I've used by far along with being the easiest.

I just downloaded another one the other day but haven't had a chance to even install it yet, don't know why I keep looking, guess it's to find something that I know is impossible; improve the video, but I do. 

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:16am
Yep, it's funny how viewing a video on a tiny window on your PC can look much better than a full screen view of the same video on your TV, even if you understand the format/dpi issues.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:38pm
Yeah. I did view the video last night after saving and converting with Appian. Then I hit full screen (that's on my laptop, 15" widescreen). Ugly ugly ugly.  I may play some more, maybe not.  I don't do it often enough to make it worthwhile to buy, unless I find other advantages to it. wink wink
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
 Post Reply Post Reply