PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Price of gas around the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 130>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price of gas around the world
    Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 10:51am

Ditto here. We see some swings but nothing like that and it's not reflective of the RBOB price chart albeit those are future contracts. Having said that there is a huge difference in price between stations with the lowest in town being 3.45 and the highest 3.59 but then that's true of milk and other stuff as well. Also gas prices locally have only fluctuated about $.02 since the first of the month after February's nose bleed rise.

Very weird. What kind of station is it? Independent or company owned?

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 1:39pm
What kind? Doesn't make any difference. There's three stations in town, two Marathon and one B.P. The B.P. is owned by the same family that has a half-dozen other stations in this area. The two Marathons are owned by different folks. They have, and always have, the exact same prices. I haven't seen a penny difference between them in years. Maybe decades.

Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 1:41pm
Ah! A collusional monopoly....
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 1:47pm
Well....you'd think there would be a penny or two every now and then, but....
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:15pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:58pm

API: Proposed EPA Emission Rules Will Reduce Shale Gas Drilling

Doggone. Frack-gas is a game changer and they want to kill it.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 5:28pm
Well, it is the EPA.  Seems anything that will ease dependency and price of carbon based energy is a No-NO in their little minds.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:32am
I've experienced their field staff's little minds at work on several of our GDOT construction projects.  They only want to generate rules that companies and states can't follow so they can fine them and generate more money to pay their exorbitant salaries and expenses.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:47am
When good ideas go wrong. Sigh.

Seriously though..the basic idea of taking care of what's around us is a good idea. A smart idea. Except when taken to the extreme that the best solution seems to be exterminate the human population. Or at least return us to the stone age.

And what happens, I often wonder, when we're putting along in our 50 mile limited electric vehicles...and some rinky-dink place like Cuba that's still enjoying dirty carbon based energy decides to invade? 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:13am

Chu: I would give myself an ‘A’ for energy prices

Just goes to show that all the nuts aren't locked up in institutions.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:57am
A statement like that tells me also that there are some huge egos, mistaken huge egos there inside the Beltway.  Just like Biden trying to inflate the admin's record:  Joe Biden Manages to Overhype Bin Laden Death - http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/03/joe-biden-osama-bin-laden-500-years.html?mid=rss
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living." -- Anonymous

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 11:02am
Got to thinking about it and maybe if his intention was high priced gas he does deserve an A.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 3:03pm
If I remember correctly...Chu said "long term" gas prices. So maybe he's looking 10 or 50 years from now.  Sorry sucker.

We are at $4.09 as of a day or two ago.  I stopped at the gas station this morning on my way to work and the fellow working said it was going up 40-cents more today. Either he was wrong or they haven't raised it yet. Time will tell.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
3.59 when I was out earlier.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 7:59am
The gas station attendant the other morning was wrong...gas did not go up another 40 cents. It actually went down a dime a few days later...to a now cheap $3.99.

HeeHee  This cartoon captures Obama pretty spot on IMHO.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 8:02am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 4:57pm
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:10pm
Bet he's a demoncrat!  Sorry sucker. About the fifth or so paragraph is where I puked and quit reading:
But for the average American household, which has an income of over $62,000 a year, the increase in gas prices represents a relatively small portion of total spending.

Dang...I need to find me some "average" Americans to hang around with. Maybe they'll feel sorry for me and buy me some gas. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:11pm
I bet he's a common commie. Oh, wait, same difference these days.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:34pm
Quick quiz: What's the difference between a common commie and an uncommon commie?

Hmm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 130>