PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Texas...it's a whole different country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 34>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas...it's a whole different country
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:06am

EPA can't reject Texas' air-quality rules, court says

Bad days in courts for common commies.

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:48am
Makes me smile to know that the EPA has, in at least this instance, been put in it's place after acting as if they are ruling over the states instead of following specific laws and also for ignoring the requirements they are supposed to follow.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 4:59am

There is only one answer under food/drink...

Your A-List

Stackin' the polls....

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:59pm
You bet!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:48am

I might have mentioned this before but when I went off to work in Seattle we leased the Austin house out. This is the guy.

Doctor charged in prescription drug distribution case

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:10am
Do no harm - To humans as well as property.  I well remember the photos of your Austin home and the aftermath of his occupancy.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:18am

Took three months to repair all that including replacing some carpet we had installed right before we left.

Took the vow to never be a landlord again.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 10:06am
I had him pictured differently for some reason - a 30 or 40-ish sleaze Anesthesiologist or something.  At 63 he ought to know better.  And his own son, sheesh!  I saw no mention of a wife.  I guess she bailed.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:35am

There was a story about the ex-wife but I was/am dubious.  

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 3:06pm
A pity. He was a good looking kid.  
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:22pm
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 6:38pm
That low-life Dr. that lived in Don's home has plea bargained - http://www.statesman.com/news/local/doctor-charged-in-prescription-drug-distribution-case-2283955.html?cxtype=rss_ece_frontpage  I hope he gets the max!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 6:44pm
I predict probation; it is Travis county.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 8:17pm
I don't know Travis County like you do but I'm betting (hoping at least) this scumbag gets at least 5 years as an example.  I read that this type illicit prescription drug dealing is getting out of hand nationwide with even the big retail pharmacies now being involved.  It seems people will do just about anything for money .... which I guess is obvious.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 8:30pm
His only danger is if the jury finds out something nasty like he's a conservative. I don't know how he got away with it. In my three year battle with my back I saw half a dozen doctors and most all said they simply could't prescribe what they would like and one made me take a drug test before prescribing codine. Don't know if it's true but they said it was a DEA requirement. 

A $200 drug test I might add...
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 5:13am
A pity. My memory is fuzzy...did you manage to get a fair settlement over your house or did he stiff you on that?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 6:59am
I vowed never to be a landlord again....
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:07am
Well...as long as you didn't swear never to be a landlord again.

Yeah...I hear you.  That's a conclusion I came up with years ago...after reading too many news stories.  Most of the stories made me conclude that the owners/landlords had very few rights anymore.  (And I'm just talking about private homes...not big for profit business thingies.)

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:29pm

Rick Perry endorses David Dewhurst for Hutchison’s Senate seat

Dewhurst is probably the nominee. No conservative and hard to say if he's more or less conservative than Hutchison but at least he's pro life.

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 9:09pm
That's a pretty good to at least get that one issue covered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 34>