PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movies on DVD thread 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies on DVD thread 2
    Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 6:13am
FWIW: Found trivia quiz pages for Elmore Leonard at Random House web site. Didn't know till I got to the bottom that it requires a name and email address to find out how good (or bad) you've done. And I didn't, but if you Leonard fans want to give it a go....
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/elmoreleonard/quiz/

Nothing against getting an email spam from Random House, but so often places that do that just love to share addresses. Goodness only knows I get enough spam already...
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 6:22am

Plus Cat Chaser, 52 Pickup, Stick and Hombre.

I watched part of "The Tall T" yesterday and by todays standards it's kind of slow but I still think it's an excellent western.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:49pm

Gotta say that I just love Children of the Revolution. It's funnier every time I see it.

I've seen all of these with the exception of one and it's a pretty good list.

Top 15 Films of the New Millennium

Worth checking out even if I did think that The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was ghastly.

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 5:56pm
Looked like a bunch of good ones in there, including some of the runners up.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 9:13pm

Indeed.

In addition to Children of the Revolution I also saw X-men Origins: Wolverine. Pretty typical of the X-Men franchise which I kinda sorta like.

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:12pm
Deja Vu - I searched thinking someone might have posted about it but didn't find anything.  Odd, strange, and mind stretching semi Sci-Fi with Denzel Washington.  Good and gripping if you can grasp the concept of the time machine thingy. Good watch IMO.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:36am
Ah. I watched it the other night but didn't post as I thought it had already been covered. Unusual...and at times almost believable.  A good mix it seemed.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:58am
Just looked at the trailer on IMDB, looks good.  Added to my list.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 3:46pm
Next.
Grumble.  If I told you why I didn't like it, it would spoil it for you...as it was the ending that I hated.  And the romantic interest between Nicholas Cage and Jessica Biel. While it might be every male's fantasy...I just couldn't buy it with that 20 year age difference. 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:49am
Youtube video. I clicked on it for the song. Any idea what movie the clips are from?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd_mI08B5k0&feature=related
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:24am

The Boondock Saints.

An excellent movie, recommend it.

Also a song in one of my top ten movies; O' Brother Where Art Thou?.

Ah, here's a clip in context. 

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 9:54am

Oy. Sure getting tired of fake virus scans. Wasn't at google this time...I was about halfway through the clip you linked to.  (Trying again will Opera. I saw part of the movie...but I have the soundtrack; love it!)

You might enjoy the scenery in this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FQqSGxBso

Boondock Saints...I ran into them someplace else looking up a song.  I thought it was the name of a southern gospel singing group. ROFL

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 9:58am
Good audio on that last link.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 10:19am

I tell ya...though normally reserved...I like (love) foot stomping, knee slapping bluegrass and southern gospel music.  And traditional hymns if speeded up a tad and sung with job. I don't know why so many are sung so slow and mournful...like the folks are sad and getting ready to cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdRdqp4N3Jw

This is a "tad" slow and mournful..but in the context of the movie it's pretty good.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 11:53am

Another good one.

Made me wonder, which do I like best? The movie or the music?

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 10:30am
Enjoyed the movie but for me the music won out over the movie.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 8:23am

Watched The Brothers Bloom last night. I enjoyed it. Rather clever and it kept me guessing.

It was one of the better new movies I've seen this year but I think that was because most of the new DVD releases I've seen this year have been mostly stinkers. 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:10am

Saw two new ones last night (my Netflix arrived after all).

Land of the Lost - I'm just not a Will Farrell fan I guess; I'd just as soon whack him upside the head with a 2x4 as watch him. I thought it was a complete stinker.

Drag Me To Hell - I'm probably the only horror fan here but anywho....absent a few "gross out" scenes that were just silly to me it was the scariest movie I've seen in  quite a while. Just wish they'd omitted the "gross out" stuff. Didn't gross me out, just broke the tension.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 10:16am

Hehe, after picking up four older movies I told the kid at the counter how I hadn't seen any new releases this year that were worth renting he recommended the Land of the Lost.

Last time I'll listen to him.

Anywho:

Maybe DVD Sales Collapsed Because Movies Suck

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 8:31pm
Haven't seen either one. (And actually, I am a horror movie fan....just not these ultra gross ones.)

Land of the Lost: Loved the previews...I was rooting for the T-Rex!!!

Drag me to Hell.  Just didn't like the previews.  Or the name actually. Call me superstitious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>