PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movies on DVD thread 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 87>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies on DVD thread 2
    Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 5:24pm
I, Robot. With Will Smith.

Actually it was on TV over the weekend. And I watched it again. (Might have it here on DVD, I'm not sure.)  I've probably watched it as many times as any other movie I can think of. Dunno. Always enjoy it.  
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 6:15pm
Funny, I was just thinking of both I, Robot and I Am Legend as something I might want to rewatch.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:23pm
Tortilla Soup - The story is OK but the food prep presentation would please even Don's son Josh I think.  Hector Elizondo is a Latino restaurant owner, father of three eligible age daughters, and a bit of the movie is devoted to close up shots, amazing shots of the food prep that would make anyone that appreciates good food drool.
I understand that it's a Latino slanted remake of an Asian film Eat, Drink, Man, Woman but I've never seen that.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 1:08pm
Looks fun. Added it to the que and Eat, Drink, Man, Woman popped up so I added it as well.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 1:44pm
You're a better man than I. Just can't abide subtitles.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:18am

Thin the last couple of weeks. I think we probably enjoyed School of Rock more than anything. Stupid and silly but the kids were cute.

Should also mention that it looks like John Carter is a dud. At least Tinker, Tailor will be released on DVD next month, probably looking forward to that more than anything else I can think of.

I fully expect to be disappointed.

I'm not pessimistic, just realistic (sigh).

Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:25pm
I've been negligent in my reporting! 

Enjoyed The Forbidden Kingdom and August Rush from Netflix.  The Forbidden Kingdom had Jackie Chan and Jet Li.  Funny parts along with creative martial arts.  August Rush is a feel good family story with a bit of the old film making thrown in.

Also on Netflix, my youngest played Top Gear season 14, episode 4, a little over half way through, it was about the renault.  Quite funny, in a British way.

Watched the new Three Musketeers,  good story with a bit of a twist from others I've seen.  Also watched Tintin.  It has some of the best animation I have ever seem - the cloth, hair, and numerous other details, just outstanding.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:30pm
Oh yeah, also saw John Carter.  Was a cross between Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  We enjoyed it, didn't feel like we got robbed anyway.  Some funny lines, hero beats the bad guys stuff.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:51pm
I watched some 10 minute preview of Carter online.  My only thought was a lot of prayers the actual movie is a lot better.  I'll watch...if for nothing else all the special effect and to see if I remember anything from reading it decades ago. (Probably not. LOL)

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:27pm
I really liked August Rush.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 7:09pm
Almost tempting to try Netflix streaming. Almost. Sigh. 
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:43pm
Atlas Shrugged - it finally came and I watched tonight.  I read the book back in the 60s so consequently don't recall too much.  But I'm sure the left leaners hated it being so anti "for the good of all" in tone.  Who is John Galt?  Well, it left me a little ticked, not at the movie but the gist and the government of the time.  So close as to be uncomfortable for the left I think.
Geoffrey Beckel, a staunch conservative and brother to Bob Beckel, the also staunch liberal and ever present contributor and liberal token on Fox News, was a semi major player in the movie as the oil man.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 3:41am
Might catch that one. I've always been curious. Never read the book...
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:31am
Kinda funny, I had it in mind that it was a scify book, not that I don't like scify.  When spending time with my brother the last few weeks he told me it was not and a bit about it so it's now in the que.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:55pm
Invasion of the Body Snatchers....1956 version). Nothing better....
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:03am
Had some friends express their dislike for the John Carter movie.  They seemed to have expected good acting.  Don't know why. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:05am
Mere details.....
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 8:54pm
Watched The Immortals tonight.
Immortals (2011) - IMDb

Maybe a 3?  It was "OK", just not anything like I was expecting. Guess I was expecting epic battles throughout, and a lot more character development/details. It left me "wondering" enough that I actually went online afterwards to look up Greek myth history, especially on the Titans...who didn't strike me as Titans at all.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 10:16pm
Watched "The Hunger Games" at the theater tonight with my youngest.  Was a very good movie, good guys win, not sure if they will until the end.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 12:07am
Ooh I'm exhausted!  Watched a draining, gritty, depressing but with a good outcome movie The Way Back.  Prisoners escape a Russian Gulag in Siberia in early WWII times and their monumental foot slog to freedom.  Survival movie to the nth degree!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 87>