PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movies on DVD thread 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies on DVD thread 2
    Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 2:19pm
Yeah, they turned a short fun book into an epic series.  I have to say though, I am enjoying the epic series.  Can't wait until December to see the final one.

I recommenced Walter Mitty.  It's a good family kinda movie.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:24pm
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug  Censored

Don't take that wrong...riveting movie.  There's a third (and final) one due to be released in December of this year. Wish I'd waited till it was out on DVD before watching this one.  This one ended...well...ended. Bang.  Like those TV shows we love that have one last commercial at the very end right in the middle of the climax.  Or, worse, "end" and throw up an unexpected "see the climatic finish the beginning of next season...".
Grrrrr.......
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:41pm
It was surprisingly good.

Waiting for Smaug to show up on Netflix. It's one of those released after the DVD and not due until 5/6.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 6:14pm
It sounds appealing, especially considering the two main characters.

We were at Walmart tonight and I did a spur of the moment thing...and got the The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  Figured it will give us something to do this long weekend with just us two old fogies at home.  (Although we're talking about taking in a real theater movie...maybe...and check out Heaven Is For Real. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 7:35am
Grudge Match was pretty good, much better than I expected and IMO worth a watch.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:50pm
Bob Uecker was a hoot IMO. I love baseball, whether movies or the real thing. Rangers lost to the Red Sox tonight 5-1. They just dropped below .500. They gotta get their pitching order in shape and quit making atypical errors.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:43pm
Major Leagus turns 25.

Also the actor that played Cerrano is the same fella in the current Allstate commercials.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:19am

Re: Gravity and how they did it. From my understanding in some clips the only thing that was "real" was the actors face; everything else was computer generated.

And with plastic surgery I'm not sure the actors faces qualify as real (grin).

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:33pm
I saw another critique which agreed with your link in general. A non-event and not a "Have to see" flix. Too many liberties taken and filler fluff.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:23pm
Dingy basketball on tonight again instead of Jeopardy. So...Gravity.  "How'd they do that?!"  No idea how often I asked myself while watching.  Good flick. Some movies drag...this really pulled me in and went fast. Just astonishing.  Bet it would be something else to watch on one of those big-as-a-wall TVs.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:26pm
They done pretty good with The Ten Commandments.  A longer original story...but they added plenty.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:22pm
Yeah, I can see why they'd want to do it, plenty of big time special effects but wow, it's really a very short story in the Bible, probably wouldn't make much of a full length movie.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:19pm
Boy...what a story.  Pity.  It sounds like great animation, plot and stuff (e.g., good entertainment).  But....kind of disappointing that they evidently strayed so far from the original from The Book.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:36pm
Got a huge kick out of this, reminded me of a Dave Berry column.

If this is true I might even pass on a Netflix rental.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 11:40pm
I'm thinking about putting that in my queue. I love Sandra Bullock for one although I'm sure that has not much to do with this flick. To give you an idea of my current mood I'm watching "We bought a zoo" and although I'll have to finish it later I think it's a winner although a little cornball here and there. Bet if you watch you will like. I do for sure.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:39pm
The special effects are stunning. It really looked to me they were in space.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:24pm
Maybe I'll have to watch it. Or at least look up the summary.  What little I've seen clips of it, it didn't look very interesting.  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 7:43pm
Gravity was a real nailbiter. I figured out who would make it but even so it kept me awake and at full attention.

Lots of complaints about realism but gosh, it's a space opera and I am used to movie things like hearing sounds in space and the like so it didn't bother me in the least.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:52pm
Boy. Maybe I should have watched the NCAA playoffs instead. (Which is why I got a movie to watch.)
Carrie (2013) - IMDb

A few scenes I enjoyed. Overall...disturbing?  Or maybe it's my age showing after seeing the original from 1976.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 8:34pm
I thought it was wonderful as well, and I'm guessing it was the animation that held my attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>