PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Movies & video entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movies on DVD thread 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies on DVD thread 2
    Posted: Today at 7:35am
Grudge Match was pretty good, much better than I expected and IMO worth a watch.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:50pm
Bob Uecker was a hoot IMO. I love baseball, whether movies or the real thing. Rangers lost to the Red Sox tonight 5-1. They just dropped below .500. They gotta get their pitching order in shape and quit making atypical errors.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:43pm
Major Leagus turns 25.

Also the actor that played Cerrano is the same fella in the current Allstate commercials.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:19am

Re: Gravity and how they did it. From my understanding in some clips the only thing that was "real" was the actors face; everything else was computer generated.

And with plastic surgery I'm not sure the actors faces qualify as real (grin).

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:33pm
I saw another critique which agreed with your link in general. A non-event and not a "Have to see" flix. Too many liberties taken and filler fluff.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:23pm
Dingy basketball on tonight again instead of Jeopardy. So...Gravity.  "How'd they do that?!"  No idea how often I asked myself while watching.  Good flick. Some movies drag...this really pulled me in and went fast. Just astonishing.  Bet it would be something else to watch on one of those big-as-a-wall TVs.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:26pm
They done pretty good with The Ten Commandments.  A longer original story...but they added plenty.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:22pm
Yeah, I can see why they'd want to do it, plenty of big time special effects but wow, it's really a very short story in the Bible, probably wouldn't make much of a full length movie.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:19pm
Boy...what a story.  Pity.  It sounds like great animation, plot and stuff (e.g., good entertainment).  But....kind of disappointing that they evidently strayed so far from the original from The Book.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:36pm
Got a huge kick out of this, reminded me of a Dave Berry column.

If this is true I might even pass on a Netflix rental.
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 11:40pm
I'm thinking about putting that in my queue. I love Sandra Bullock for one although I'm sure that has not much to do with this flick. To give you an idea of my current mood I'm watching "We bought a zoo" and although I'll have to finish it later I think it's a winner although a little cornball here and there. Bet if you watch you will like. I do for sure.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:39pm
The special effects are stunning. It really looked to me they were in space.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 8:24pm
Maybe I'll have to watch it. Or at least look up the summary.  What little I've seen clips of it, it didn't look very interesting.  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 7:43pm
Gravity was a real nailbiter. I figured out who would make it but even so it kept me awake and at full attention.

Lots of complaints about realism but gosh, it's a space opera and I am used to movie things like hearing sounds in space and the like so it didn't bother me in the least.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:52pm
Boy. Maybe I should have watched the NCAA playoffs instead. (Which is why I got a movie to watch.)
Carrie (2013) - IMDb

A few scenes I enjoyed. Overall...disturbing?  Or maybe it's my age showing after seeing the original from 1976.
Randy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 8:34pm
I thought it was wonderful as well, and I'm guessing it was the animation that held my attention.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 8:17pm
Frozen (2013) - IMDb

My sweetie got this and was disappointed. She'd seen a trailer while in Kentucky but said it wasn't anything like the preview.
I watched it tonight and wow...loved it.  Must be a second-inner childhood thing.  HeeHee  Actually...it was the animation.  Just amazing. The mannerisms, facial expressions and personalities of the characters (human, animal and even a lively snowman) just blew me away.  
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 11:38pm
The Hurricane: Evidently I often select recommended or found movies by the actors and the ratings and don't pay too much attention to the story. I gotta change that.   But it resulted in my receiving this movie which, when I read the brief synopsis wasn't convinced I wanted to watch but I did and am glad I did. Starring Denzel Washing and a bunch of unknowns it's about Ruben "Hurricane" Carter. A New Jersey kid that became a reknown boxer then was accused in a gory and brutal bar murder circa 1965. The story is about his 20 or so years in prison but unjustly convicted and his road to freedom. Profound prejudice, rigged evidence, corrupt cops. It's not a boxing movie but a movie about justice and corruption and life and compassion. I thought it was a great movie. http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/The-Hurricane/60000421?strkid=836832120_0_0&strackid=1bf4788638ea87f6_0_srl&trkid=222336
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:32pm
I really enjoyed it.  I think it really touches a sensitive human cord inside.  Here's somebody in a lot better circumstances than most of us...but fight the same battle...with the same anger, frustration and ultimately accomplishment.  And acceptance also.  
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:21am
I really liked that movie from a number of aspects and I suppose I should get it and re-watch. Yeah, going to put it in the queue now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>