PCNet Online.com. Download software, read reviews, get tips and support.  
Home   Articles   Forum   Reviews   Downloads   About/Contact
PCNet Forum Home PCNet Forum Home -> Off Topic -> Other Off The Wall Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coming changes in health care

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 110>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coming changes in health care
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 5:11pm

Rarely watch Special Report but what a show tonight. The talking head is taking on that Carney kid. 

Carney is having a very bad night.

Don Watkins View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 5:27pm

Ouch, another smackdown on his clarification of his earlier remark which needed clarifying.

The Man Who Knew Too Little

Subtitle: "President Obama's stunning ignorance of constitutional law."

Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:07pm
Obama just keeps insulting and threatening the SCOTUS.  Three times now - State of the Union 2010, yesterday in the joint press conference, and today.  Like a spoiled brat who's afraid of not getting his way.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:14pm
I think he's setting up his troups for when it is overturned. I expect they believe him when he says the court has never done anything like this before because they don't know any better. I expect thet think Marbury v Madison is a candy bar.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:55pm
When It Comes To The Constitution, The Obama Administration Can't Lay A Glove On The Supreme Court

The Levin audio was decent, at some points quite good.  He mentioned all sorts of laws, enacted by duly elected folks that have been overturned by the courts as "unconstitutional"...Prop8 in California, immigration laws in numerous states, so on and so forth.

And Levin said the same thing I did at work today: Obama wants us to be a banana republic, with a "President" (das leader), a legislative branch that votes the way he tells them...and a court system that rubber stamps whatever the leaders mandates. 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:43pm

They won't let go.

Again! WH warns of 'unprecedented' SCOTUS ruling

I tell ya, they're trying to convince their base that the SCOTUS has never done anything like they're about to do and they're getting them all hopped up to take up the pitchforks.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:48pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 4:03pm
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 6:26pm
Wow....Rush must have some ESP coming my way. ROFL  I was just thinking today that Obama is counting on the ignorance (and greed) of his audience. Plus I figure he's doing a two-step. If SCOTUS upholds it...he can pat himself on the back and say "What a good court...doing it's job and upholding a law enacted by "democratically elected" members of Congress".   And if they overturn it...it gives him all sorts of ammunition to fire up the masses...ranging from activist judges (conservatives of course) and up to maybe trying to change the way our government works. (And goodness only knows it would work better for the president if it was separate but not equal.)

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 6:29pm
And your second link..impeach the court.  Scary yes.  Not just for Obamacare...but they probably wish it for any decision that goes against them (the liberals).
Bob View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 7:09pm
Mr. David Dow has a higher opinion of himself than I do with his statement that the law in question is "a clearly constitutional law."  He may be a law professor but I put the SCOTUS opinion a bit above his. 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 7:45pm
Good read/points IMHO. (And brings up a good point about the passage of the Defense of Marriage Act by a whopping majority. Yet the imperialPOTUS has decided that it's not constitutional.)

EDITORIAL: Obama flunks constitutional law - Washington Times
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:57am

Did Scalia just call Obummer a dope?

Justice Scalia and the Judicial Rope-a-Dope

Gotta give it to Scalia, no dope he.

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 2:57pm
He's not bashful either! 
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:51pm
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:27pm
Did the Militia Act of 1792 set a precedent for Obama's health insurance mandate? - Slate Magazine

Not even a close example. Different times, different objective, different people, different everything IMHO.

More info here. Boy...I got lost here...especially after clicking on some of the links within, like on Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion.
Militia Acts of 1792 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 6:08am
Another op-ed on health care. Got to admit it raises issues that I think about (if not Obamacare...what?):
Is There a Republican Alternative to Obamacare? - John C. Goodman
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 2:00pm
Cartoon (Doesn't surprise me none.)
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Quote Don Watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:55pm
Haha, just about fell out of my chair.
Karl_db View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Karl_db Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
So...he sure is an ugly version of Rosemary Woodhouse. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 110>